21 August 2008

I'm one of the lucky ones.

Going to the support group last night was really good for me in that I realized that, even though this whole Hodgkin's thing definitely isn't a walk in the park, I've got it pretty easy in comparison to the other women I talked to. There were only three other cancer patients there, but it was good to meet some other people who understood firsthand. One woman had NHL a couple years ago, and now she has HD (one of only 30 documented cases), and another woman is one of nine cases of her certain kind of leukemia with no bone marrow involvement. The third woman first had some sort of incurable vascular tumor that only 1% of the population has (she is therefore forced to fly to Denver each month for treatment because it's the only place her treatment is performed), then on top of that she has a certain kind of incurable leukemia. She takes a pill each day to keep it in "remission" but she's going to have to live with it the rest of her life unless something else is discovered.

Cancer sucks. Big time.

Oh, and my hair doesn't know what it's doing. It can't make up its mind whether it's falling out or not. Yesterday, a lot came out. This morning, not as much. MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

No comments: